Monday, March 31, 2014

Bantu Knot Results

Yesterday was my wash day. I started really late. I really wanted to prepoo with some Virgin Coconut Oil (from Trader Joe's), but I couldn't get the jar open. So I just did a regular wash with Pantene Pro-V Purifying Shampoo and Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Conditioner. I have a very sensitive scalp, so cowash's only work for me when I'm doing a wash-n-go. I will cowash every two days with wash-n-go's but for twist outs or Bantu Knots, by the weeks end, I have to wash again with a purifying shampoo.


(Got this for I believe 4.99)    
 (Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Conditioner)
        


(My freshly washed hair)



I decided I wanted to try Bantu Knots again. I have never gotten the results I've wanted with this, but I wanted to try it again. As they say, practice makes perfect. To detangle and moisturize, I used Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Leave-In and SheaMoistures Curl Enhancing Smoothie. I have very fine hair, so I did the Bantu Knot in large sections because I wanted a larger curl than tight curls.
Large Section Bantu Knot
The results I got still weren't what I was looking for. I had major shrinkage, I think mainly since when I took it out my hair wasn't fully dry. I only got the curl definition I was looking for was in the front and the back still has small tight curls. I will be trying this again, maybe in smaller sections.


Morning Results


No comments:

Post a Comment